Job Number: MC9479141117
Pay Rate: $70000-80000 / year
As a Setup Operator, Team Lead, you will be responsible for guiding, coaching, and mentoring the team focusing on but not limited to
having a detailed and involved aspect of team direction and activities including delegation and progress of team and assisting supervisors/managers in communications of day-to-day activities and challenges.
Des Plaines, IL Location3rd Shift: Sunday-Thursday (Start Time 10:30 pm to 6:30 am)- This is a Team Lead Role (Not a supervisor role)- excellent benefits and very good work life balance career succession opportunitiesPay-28-30/hr. with $2 shift premium and comprehensive benefit package balanced work schedule and environment
The Lead Setup Operator will report to the Production Manager and will be responsible for the production, setup and troubleshooting for an assigned area on the shift. The Set Up Operator will install/remove injection molds and tooling and perform changes as needed for production as well as interact with cell members to diagnose and repair issues, and work with quality to correct and respond to production issues. Other duties may be assigned.
Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Install/Remove Injection Molds and Tooling in machines ranging from 17 ton-400 ton.
- Load cycles from machine memory and troubleshoot process as required.
- Perform material changes as required. I.e. Material Grinders, Loaders, Filters.
- Must be able to operate/set-up thermolators, sprue pickers, conveyors, dryers, grinders, and any other auxiliary equipment as required.
- Optimize machine process for quality and overall cycle time.
- Must be able to operate lift trucks and fork trucks.
- Responsible for quality control on individual shift.
- Knowledge of injection molding plastic materials, to properly run machine process and drying.
- Responsible for packaging finished product, applying proper label, and date coding box.
- Maintain good housekeeping and adhere to all Safety Rules.
- Must be able to speak, read, comprehend, and write in English.
- Follow ITW Appliance Components ISO Procedures
- Interact with supporting departments for ex., Engineering, Mold Repair, Machine Maintenance, etc.as required.
- Guide, coach, and mentor the team.
- Have a detailed and involved aspect of team direction and activities including delegation and progress of team.
- Assist supervisors/managers in communications of day-to-day activities and challenges.
Day in the Life -Injection Team Lead Interview Items:
1. Do you understand and can you describe the injection process along with the specific elements of it.
2. Are you confident you could answer several injection molding related questions (during the interview) that will help demonstrate your level of knowledge regarding the injection process.
3. Have you led an injection molding team in the past?
4. How have you led them (please give an example).
The Team Lead Secret Sauce
1. Uses influence to help team members grow and improve.
2. Mentors the team members.
3. If there is a new hire, Team Lead helps make sure new hire/s understand their responsibilities.
Hosting Interviews this week virtually and onsite for this excellent Fortune 200 Direct Hire Client.
SURESTAFF is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). SURESTAFF recruits, hires, trains, pays, promotes, and affords other benefits and terms or conditions of employment to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. SURESTAFF provides temporary workers based solely upon their qualifications and their ability to perform essential functions of the position at issue. This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, or confidential. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of this message.