Job Number: RS8312131623
Pay Rate: $75000-80000 / year
Opportunity for an Applications Engineer -Grinding to join a leading international provider of advanced metal-cutting solutions as a direct hire. They provide a full spectrum of highly reliable CNC turning, milling, grinding, and honing machines as well as technologically advanced workholding accessories. The diverse products they offer enable them to support a variety of market applications in industries including aerospace, agriculture, automotive, construction, consumer products, defense, energy, medical, technology, transportation, and more. They've developed a strong global presence with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, and Asia. They apply their engineering and application expertise to provide their customers with the right machine tool solution and support every time. $80-90K annually *Sponsorship is not offered for this opportunity*
What you will doThe Grinding Application Engineer is responsible for selecting tools and grinding wheels for our CNC Grinding Machine tools. This position is also responsible for process development for testing, installation, and runoff of the CNC Grinding Machine tools.
*Travel is expected 25-50% of the time for installation, training, and runoff. This may include international travel.
- Review customer requirements for proper tools, grinding wheels, and process selection.
- Conduct training classes both in-house and at off-site facilities.
- Perform machine demonstrations, time studies, feasibility studies, and sample parts in support of sales.
- Provide Trade Show and Open House application support as needed.
- Assist in prototype machine PLC and option testing of mechanical and control software functions.
- Provide technical phone support for customers, salespersons, and distributors.
- Attend training seminars and courses to stay current with technology.
- Associate's degree in engineering or Technical Certification Program preferred.
- Will consider non-degreed applicants with relevant job experience.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
- 7+ years of CNC machining focused on grinding applications.
- Milling and Turning experience a plus. E
- Experience interacting with customers is preferred.
They offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, life insurance, 401(k)match, paid vacation, paid holidays, and long-term disability.
- Working knowledge of Siemens, Fanuc, and Mitsubishi controls.
- Fluent in CAD / CAM CNC Programming.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.