Job Number: ML4453111026
Pay Rate: $19 / hour
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring for a Shipping Lead for a large distribution center located in Kenosha, WI. The Shipping Lead will supervise daily operations of the warehouse including receiving incoming shipments, sorting & transferring materials, and preparing shipments for outbound delivery. The successful applicant will maintain display high levels of professionalism, lead and develop a team of warehouse associates, and maintain constant communication with warehouse leadership at all times. The Shipping Lead will be required to meet key performance metrics as well as manage team to hit KPIs. This person will work together with other departments and management to maximize productivity in the facility, ensure associates receive proper training and mentorship, and manage hiring/scheduling to ensure that team is properly staffed at all times. SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation ($19.50-$21/hr) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Available shifts include:1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts available.
Responsibilities of the Shipping Lead:
Preferred Qualifications of the Shipping Lead:
- Responsible for the fulfillment inbound, outbound, and transfer operations warehouse.
- Assist Management in leading warehouse team and provide feedback to managers for evaluations.
- Coordinates with material handlers, forklift drivers, and others to ensure their time is utilized effectively.
- Oversee work of others to ensure orders are received, pulled, and processed correctly.
- Operate forklift and pallet jacks, as needed.
- 1+ years experience in a distribution, cargo, warehouse, etc.
- General knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control functions
- Previous leadership experience in warehouse environment.
- Ability to operate forklift.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time management of self and others.
- Bilingual. Fluent in Spanish.
Founded in 1998, Surestaff operates 39 branch offices and 24 workforce onsite solutions in Illinois, Texas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, and Georgia; with an estimated 2023 revenue of $295 million, it was recently named one of the largest staffing firms in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA).Surestaff specializes in light industrial staffing serving logistics, manufacturing, distribution, and production clients. It offers temp, temp-perm, direct hire, and onsite workforce solutions. The company has been named five times to Crain’s Business as one of the largest and fastest growing privately-held companies in Chicago. Surestaff is a portfolio partner company of Austin, TX-based private-equity group Owner Resource Group (ORG).