Industry: General Office
Job Number: HH991397716
SURESTAFF is hiring a Billing Clerk for a large, well-known client in Des Plaines, IL. As a skilled Billing Clerk, you will perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks. Responsibilities include keeping financial records up to date, preparing reports, processing debits and credits, and reconciling bank statements. Our ideal candidate will also be familiar with running accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions.
Strong work history with accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts is a must. Successful applicants should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a general aptitude for numbers Ultimately, we seek someone who will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions consistently run accurately and effectively.
SURESTAFF is invested in its team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire.
Billing Clerk Accountabilities:
Billing Clerk Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all warehouse accounting functions
- Maintain and execute billing SOP
- Train and lead the billing team for exports and imports
- Set up billing and relevant payables in Navisphere shipment files
- Create invoices for Navisphere shipment files
- Maintain data analytics regarding modal and customer billing
- Manage and collect all receivables for internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple methods of communication – eg, email, IM, direct connect radio.
- Handle all accounting processes in a timely manner
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Creating and issuing invoices to customers.
- Preparing account statements for customers.
- Following up on outstanding payments and answering customer queries.
- Monitoring all payments and preparing monthly billing reports.
- Managing account balances and resolving inconsistencies.
- Assisting the accounting department with the preparation of financial reports.
- Updating accounting records with issued invoices, processed payments, new balances, and customer contact information.
Billing Clerk Requirements:
About SURESTAFF:SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 21 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
- High school diploma/GED
- Previous experience as a billing clerk or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and relevant legal regulations.
- Strong communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (must be able to use daily)
- Excellent math skills.
- Strong attention to detail.