Industry: Skilled Labor
Job Number: RS34596326
Pay Rate: $22-30 / hour
Come fly with our client and watch your career soar! They provide excellent opportunities to grow your career and earnings from there. Couple that with a very competitive benefits package (starts day 1); a climate-controlled/modern/state-of-the-art building; and a winning culture built on core values.
Our client is growing with opportunities to add new team members. Are you interested in joining a growing team with a fantastic culture with great pay, outstanding benefits, and a $4,000 sign-on bonus (paid out over the first year)? Do you want a career, not just a job? Do you have experience as a CNC machinist? If this is you, we want to talk to you about their direct-hire openings on 2nd and 3rd shifts. 2nd shift is Mon-Fri and 3rd shift is Sun-Thur Shifts: 2pm-10pm, or 10pm-6am (paid lunch break) -must be available to train on 1st shift 6am-2pmPay: up to $28/hr -experience and quality of interview factor in, along with an additional $1.25/hr shift premium (for 2nd & 3rd shifts).
What you will do...
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, machine status boards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
- Machine and install or re-cut chuck jaws as required.
- Insert and secure tooling in machine turrets and perform machine setups.
- Download and upload programs into the machine, and make minor programming adjustments as needed.
- Operate different types of computerized numerical controls to manufacture a finished machined product by performing a wide range of machining operations within tight tolerances.
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation. Will be required to inspect the work of other machinists.
- May be required to operate multiple machines and rotating departments.
- Enters data into the ERP system.
- Load and unload component piece parts with weights up to 25 lbs
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with a US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card holder.
- Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating CNC lathe, CNC mill machines, or resistance spot welder (any combination of two machines), with intermediate knowledge and experience with setting up machines.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Must be reliable with minimal call-offs during the year, we value and expect good attendance
- Two plus years of related experience, and knowledge of machining principles and methods for computer numerical controlled machine tools required
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to read and interpret work instructions and blueprints in English.
- External candidates will be required to pass a Machinist test which measures mechanical aptitude.
- “This position is subject to policies and procedures set forth by the State Department and applicants who do not meet such requirements will not be eligible for the position”.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Spending accounts (HSA, Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contributions
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Paid Leaves
- Tuition Assistance