Industry: Skilled Labor
Job Number: BV734743731
Pay Rate: $18-30 / hour
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring a CNC Machine Op for a large, well-known client in Seward, IL. As a CNC Machine Op, you will be an essential part of our client’s core operations, ensuring that a quality product is received, processed, and delivered in a timely manner according to client expectations. The CNC Machine Op is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of receiving, moving, locating, relocating, and shipping merchandise. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, make safety a priority, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation of $25-$30/hr. as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire. Available shifts include 1st (6:30am-5pm)
Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis. Responsibilities of the CNC Machine Op:
Required Qualifications of the CNC Machine Op:
- Deliver material request to material department.
- Obtain required inspection gages from the tool crib.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, ETC according to layouts and prints.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints and mechanical drawings etc.
- Confirm most recent program is loaded in machine as to perform the correct function.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machine.
- Complete the first piece to check if the machine produces outputs according to specifications.
- First piece to be submitted to quality for run approval.
- Upon approval of first piece set machine to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts.
- Supervise the machine while it executes the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if they produce a better result.
- Wipe down and clean machines throughout the day.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Scheduled full chip hoppers to be unloaded.
- At the end of the shift turn in all finished products to inspection at designated quality drop zones.
- Clock off parts produced for each operation completed.
- Clean up work area and discard scraps to appropriate bins.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Able to work self- directed.
- Able to read and comprehend shop floor blueprint drawings.
- Proficient in both the Imperial and Metric systems of measurement
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of the following inspection equipment: optical comparator, Profilometer, Roundness tester, Universal Gauge, Hand gauges such as but not limited too. Micrometers, Calipers, Pitch Micrometers, Internal Id gauges, Radius Gauges, indicators, Height Gauge, Proper care and use of attribute gauges i.e., Thread Rings, Thread plugs, Plug gauge, Pipe thread rings and plugs.
- Knowledge and use of geometric tolerance’s
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.