Job Number: AJ10680819
Pay Rate: 18.50
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring Canning Line Operators for a company in West Chicago, IL. The company manufactures canning line equipment and supplies markets around the world. The Canning Line Operator is responsible for Transporting material to canning line press-out, attaching tub to canning press-out unit, while attaching the head and hoses to tub for canning operation. Lastly, operating canning machine as trained and filling cans as instructed on process order.
SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation ($18.50/HR) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire.
Canning Line Operator Shifts Hours: (2nd Shift) 2pm-10:30pm. Must be available for training on 1st shift Monday-Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm for a minimum of 90 days
Line Operator Duties & Responsibilities:
Line Operator Requirements:
- Transports material to canning line press-out.
- Attaches tub to canning press-out unit.
- Attaches head and hoses to tub for canning operation.
- After canning is complete, tilts tub using forklift, scrapes interior, transports tub to tub washer for cleaning.
- Prepares containers, cleans containers, and labels for following batch. Labels include HMIS warning, ink formula number, batch number, date manufactured, net weight, and description of contents
About SURESTAFF:SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of computerized machines, gauges, and hand tools.
- General knowledge of material handling, manufacturing processes, quality control systems.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.