Job Number: MC9948261024
Pay Rate: $100000-120000 / year
DIRECT HIRE- Controls Engineer
We are partnering with a Direct Hire client who has years of expertise in the processing, manufacturing and distribution of steel who is hiring a Controls Engineer in the Delta, OH area. The ideal candidate will have experience in working in an ever-changing, fast-moving, and evolving environment. Candidates who have worked within a manufacturing/distribution environment are highly preferred. This is a salary position that will focus on prime hours of 8 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday focusing good work/life/balance culture values for our candidate. What makes this an ideal work/life/balance Controls Engineer position is that production schedule is during the Monday-Friday, and you will be working with another Controls Engineer to ensure you are not the only Controls Engineer on site at any given time. The company is rapidly expanding, has all new technology, and provides a good culture with a competitive salary and benefit package for candidate that is hired for this role.
Position Summary:As a Controls Engineer, you will troubleshoot and program conveyor systems, robot application, equipment and process/equipment monitoring systems. This position will report to the plant manager. What They Offer:This position offers a competitive salary, based on quality of interview in relation to the job description.Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, PTO, Lucrative: 401(k) plan with a company match, No-cost life insurance, short term disability, long term disability and a culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion Controls Engineer Responsibilities:
Controls Engineer Qualifications:
- Develop and document new PLC control system from concept to qualification.
- Program automated robotic systems to increase productions volume through operations.
- Involvement in new project engineering and controls programming
- Design software to control robotic systems for applications or manufacturing.
- Conduct research int o the feasibility, design and operation of robotic mechanisms, component systems
- Understand process control issues and develop control solutions to enhance process with Manufacturing Engineers
- Troubleshoot problems with current PLCS control systems.
- Offer controls engineering support to plant operations.
- Reply to downtime events impacting production.
- Interface with equipment vendors and contractors to troubleshoot and resolve startup issues.
- Intergrade robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers and other equipment
- Ensure compliance with all legislative safety requirements.
- Follows written and or verbal instructions from supervisor or others as designated by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, safety management or similar preferred
- Experience with Allen Bradley Controls products preferred.
- Minimal of 5 years of experience
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds to heights ranging from waist high to above the head.
- Requires excessive standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, lifting, and carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling. The job requires good finger dexterity, vision, hearing, speaking and the ability to control powered tools.