Industry: General Office
Job Number: RS9068506117
Pay Rate: $70000-88000 / year
We have a direct hire opportunity for a Planner/Buyer at our manufacturing client in Grayslake, IL. They are a leading manufacturer of highly engineered mechanical and electromechanical locking devices and systems for world-class OEM's along with highly engineered mechanical and electrical accessories for the marine industry. As a Planner/Buyer, you will work in a fast-paced distribution environment with a schedule of 8am-5pm and an annual compensation of up to $88K DOE. What you will do
- Cycle counting, maintaining on-time delivery, and reducing inventory levels.
- Planning and procurement with over 150 suppliers, 3500 part #’s, and 46K SKUs
- Maintain and improve current operating and control procedures, develop production standards, measure variances to standards, conduct cost comparison studies, and suggest solutions.
- Apply standard Engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to recommend modifications to existing manufacturing components, processes, and equipment and develop new ways to manufacture components to enhance throughput and/or lower manufacturing cost
- The ideal candidate should have 4+ years of buying/planning experience including demand planning in a non-food manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical/Electronic components experience is a plus.
- Intermediate Excel experience is a must.
- Experience with BOM's is a must.
- Kanban (JIT) experience required
- APICS Certification is a plus.
- MRP / ERP evaluation with purchase and work order generation is a must.
- Able to seek out anomalies.
- *100% on-site*
- Profit sharing
- 401K match up to 6%
- ZERO cost health benefits
- Dental and vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.