Job Number: JS650544517
Pay Rate: $19 / hour
SURESTAFF is hiring a Floor Lead for an international parcel company in Itasca, IL. The Floor Lead will be responsible for the coordination and performance in all areas of the production floor of international mail consolidation activities, through fixed schedules and workload requirements. Product service SLAs coordinated with area processing; sorting, fulfillment, and related areas; Export and Transport to meet and maintain customers’ service expectations.
SURESTAFF is invested in its team members! This temp-to-hire position offers competitive compensation of $19/hr and a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision).
Now offering a $200 sign-on bonus until May 31st!
Floor Lead Shift Hours:
Monday - Friday2:30 pm - 11:15 pm
Duties & Responsibilities for the Floor Lead:
- Development of area “Leads” to support area(s) production and quality standards and maintain quality targets within the corporate and business unit objectives while maximizing facility productivity to optimize labor costs.
- Accountable to ensure all processes are followed through to the completion of work tasks. Provide first level instruction(s) and guidance to staff, regularly audit work processes and final products to confirm product specifications are met.
- Daily, proactive interaction with related teams; Sales, Customer Service, Data, Media to maintain overall customer satisfaction will be required. Maintain and update daily production records and produce reports as necessary.
- Active team members in corporate EHS (Safety) & ETQ (Quality) initiatives and targets through staff engagement and training and all safety procedures are followed by all employees.
Qualifications for the Floor Lead:
- Must be a self-starter.
- Capable of working independently with little direct supervision are critical.
- Demonstration of strong analytical, decision making, communication and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and assume a leadership role.
- Willing to take ownership of shifts and production related issues.
- Industry knowledge of international shipping or export practices would be a plus.
- Be able to stand/walk for long periods of time, frequently push, pull, bend and reach, and lift up to 49 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.