Job Number: SR263961629
Pay Rate: $17.5-18 / hour
SURESTAFF is hiring Stand Up Forklift Operators for a large, well-known client in Des Plaines, IL. As a Forklift Operator, you will be an essential part of our client’s core operations, ensuring that quality product is received, processed, and delivered in a timely manner according to client expectations. The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of receiving, moving, locating, relocating, and shipping merchandise. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, make safety a priority, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
What's in it for you?!
- Temp-to-hire role, after 90 days you may be eligible for up to an additional $2/hr!
- Weekly pay! Every Friday!
SURESTAFF is invested in its team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation of as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire. Available shifts include:
Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis. Responsibilities of the Forklift Operator:
- Load and unloading inbound and outbound shipments inside the warehouse facility.
- Verify the accuracy of quantity and quality of deliveries and shipments.
- Performs picking/packing duties in an efficient and safe manner while meeting customer service and time standards.
- Label every product and move them accordingly within the warehouse.
- Handle returns by completing technical documentation and other required communication.
- Keep all material handling equipment in the best condition by conducting regular maintenance.
- The position entails heavy lifting and standing for long periods.
Required Qualifications of the Forklift Operator:
- Must have previous experience operating a stand up forklift.
- At least one-year experience in a warehouse environment.
- High attention to detail and safety/compliance
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Founded in 1998, SURESTAFF operates 39 branch offices and 24 workforce onsite solutions in Illinois, Texas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, and Georgia; with an estimated 2023 revenue of $295 million, it was recently named one of the largest staffing firms in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). SURESTAFF specializes in light industrial staffing serving logistics, manufacturing, distribution, and production clients. It offers temp, temp-perm, direct hire, and onsite workforce solutions. The company has been named five times to Crain’s Business as one of the largest and fastest-growing privately-held companies in Chicago. SURESTAFF is a portfolio partner company of Austin, TX-based private-equity group Owner Resource Group (ORG).