Industry: Skilled Labor
Job Number: RS94668821023
Pay Rate: $23.58-32.44 / hour
Work with the largest, privately held, North American supplier of Gears, Gearboxes, Shafts, and Assemblies for the Commercial, Aerospace, Defense, and Aviation industries as a direct hire Gear Cutter on 2nd shift. This year they will celebrate 76 years in business. Over that time, they have had gear products in space since 1991, the Indianapolis 500 on multiple winning teams, and current products on America's most advanced fighter jet platforms. Their 140,000 square-foot climate-controlled facility is equipped with state-of-the-art advanced cutting-edge equipment. They pride themselves on injecting advanced manufacturing processes and vertically integrating with world-class heat treating and plating facilities. Hours: 2nd shift: 3:30pm-midnight (typically working until 1 or 2 am and 3 Saturdays per month)Pay: $23-32/hr (depending upon experience) plus a 10% shift diff for 2nd shiftExcellent union benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K with a match)
Authorized to work in the United States at this ITAR facility
What you will do...
- Sets up and operates one or more spiral-bevel gear-generating machines to cut and shape spiral or hypoid teeth on metal bevel-gear blanks according to specifications, machining instructions, and knowledge of gear types and generating procedures: Reads blueprint or machining instructions to determine gear type, dimensions, and number of teeth, and machine settings and cutter to be used.
- Clamps workpiece in the fixture or presses it on the arbor, and positions it to the cutting angle.
- Positions and secures cutter on the spindle in relation to the workpiece, using wrenches and turning handwheels.
- Moves levers to set cutter and workpiece rotation speeds in relation to each other.
- Mounts gears, cams, or templates in the machine to control the indexing of the workpiece and rolling motion of the cutter.
- Starts machine, turns valve handle and directs flow of coolant against cutter and workpiece.
- Verifies conformance of machined gear to specifications, using micrometers, master gears, and special gear inspection equipment.
- May compute data, such as gear dimensions and machine settings, applying knowledge of shop mathematics.
- May be required to have experience with custom or production work, or with a particular material, product, or size, type, or trade name of machine
- Ability to select proper cutters.
- Ability to align blades as necessary.
- Ability to select arbors, install, and true-up.
- Ability to select gearing and make settings.
- Ability to set up and inspect work on test machines.
- Understand and read Blueprints.
- Three-plus years of CNC Machinist experience
- Write, read, and communicate, as well as understand instructions in English