Job Number: MV488986919
Pay Rate: $16-16.75 / hour
SURESTAFF is hiring General Laborers Warehouse Associates in Bolingbrook, IL. As a Warehouse Associate for SURESTAFF, you will work in a fast-paced warehouse environment and be involved in all aspects of warehouse operations:
No experience is necessary and qualified applicants can start immediately! This position will require candidates to be able to work independently and demonstrate a proactive, problem-solving attitude. SURESTAFF is invested in its team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation of $16-$17/HR as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire.
- Ascertain materials or containers to be moved within the co-mail area & operating lines.
- Loading magazines into mail machines.
- Palletizing bundles of magazines.
Available shifts:3-day work week 4 days off /4-day work week 3 days off for 6 weeks and the 7th week 7-day work week - Rotating 12-Hour Shifts 1st shift 7am–7pm2nd shift 7pm-7amPart time availableAlternating Sundays are required during high-volume periods.Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Responsibilities of the General Laborers Warehouse Associate:
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and comply with all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in day-to-day production activities accurately following detailed work instructions, processes, and procedures.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- May load materials into trucks and install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools and /or automated machines.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on materials or containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials using equipment as appropriate.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications of the General Laborers Warehouse Associate:
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic knowledge of warehouse procedures and familiarity with the storage areas to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures, and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Able to stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a higher-level employee.
- Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Basic skill in the use of shrink-wrap or strapping equipment, manual dollies, pallet jacks, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment.
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept. of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.