Elk Grove Village,
Job Number: BV403944315
Pay Rate: 18.00
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring for General Labor in Elk Grove Village, IL. As a General Labor for SURESTAFF, you will work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and be involved in all aspects of manufacturing operations for a Plastic Manufacturing company. General Labor are required to perform a variety of tasks that require manual labor and use of tools, machinery, and equipment. The position entails heavy lifting and standing on your feet the entire shift. SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp to hire employees are offered competitive compensation $17-$19/hr. as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire. Available shifts include: 3rd shift (10:30pm-7am). Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis. Responsibilities of the General Labor:
Physical Requirements:l Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Required Qualifications of the General Labor:
- Adhere to and support the Safety Culture, Rules and Safe Working Practices.
- Follow established packaging instructions, date coding and proper labeling (see Control Plan).
- Proper set-up and scale use to measure part quantity.
- Perform visual part inspections for defects.
- Perform some limited Set-Up responsibilities during breaks and absences.
- Understand heat setpoints and their effect on volatile Formaldehyde materials (Acetal, Delrin, Celcon, etc.).
- Keep and maintain adequate material levels for molding machines (bags, drums, bins or gaylords.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues to Set-Up Techs to ensure quality product is being produced and equipment is functioning correctly.
- Work directly with Set-Up Techs and follow verbal work instructions.
- Perform Safe operation of lift trucks and fork trucks.
- Understand and use Production Folder: Control Plan, Lot Traceability and Quality Alert documents.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Follow ITW Appliance Components ISO Procedures.
- Interact with supporting departments. (i.e. Quality, Engineering, Mold Repair, Maintenance, etc.).
- Assist in various aspects of production permitting that Safe and Proper execution is understood.
- Previous manufacturing experience a plus but not required.
- High attention to detail and safety/compliance.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, problem-solving skills, and sound judgement.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.