Job Number: MV94254655
Pay Rate: $21-24 / hour
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring a Header Operator for a manufacturing client in Elgin, IL. The Header Operator is responsible for the operation of production equipment including loading materials, perform quality checks, and troubleshooting machines. SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation ($24/hr.) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire. Available shifts include:3rd Shift 11:00 pm – 7:10 amOvertime is available on a first come, first serve basis. Responsibilities of the Header Operator:
Required Qualifications of the Header Operator:
- Must be able to operate hoist/crane. (Capacity -2.5 ton.)
- Daily Crane Inspection and Header Machine Inspection.
- Load Two-ton coil.
- Point wire end, feed wire through to wire draw machine to header machine.
- Inspect Wire. (Before feed/After feed).
- Do Tooling adjustments, run machine to make samples.
- Quality check of Ball. (Use point micrometer, microscope, etching procedure).
- Fill out Daily report.
- Use barcode system to issue wire on machine & do completions.
- Use Hand jack/Forklift to transport material.
- Perform Tooling change- Quill, Cutter, Heading die, Finger change.
- Type change for different size.
- Machine Trouble Shooting and Maintenance.
- Turn on Coolant, Air, and Mist collector.
- Need to run three header machines per person.
About SURESTAFF:SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept. of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing, assembling, and/or machine operating.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is essential.
- Flexibility to work overtime and extra shifts as needed.
- Proficient in basic arithmetic.
- Ability to solve practical problems as they apply to production machinery.
- Read and measure using gauges, following quality standards & work instructions.
- Understand basic production processes & knowledge of basic machine operation.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.