Industry: General Labor
Job Number: ML356608118
Pay Rate: $18 / hour
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring Machine Operators for a Fabrication client in Chicago, IL. The Machine Operator is responsible for operating automated and semi-automated production equipment to create and manufacture finished metal products. SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation ($18/hr) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire. Available shifts include:Monday - Friday 5:45am - 4:15pm Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis. Responsibilities of the Machine Operator:
Required Qualifications of the Machine Operator:
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints and specifications manuals, and plan assembly or building operations including setup and layout.
- Rework, repair, and replace damaged parts or assemblies.
- Position and align components for assembly using material handling equipment including but not limited to forklifts and other appropriate material handling equipment and devices.
- Move raw materials and work in process throughout the facility from one manufacturing process to the next.
- Operate hand tools and hand welding and thermal cutting equipment to join and weld together various component parts and to install various component parts to other fabricated assemblies.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Remove rough spots from tanks, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
- Clean exterior of various products by means of washing and media blasting processes.
- Inspect, operate, and test components, assemblies, and finished products to verify functioning capabilities and conformance to dimensions, configurations, surface conditions and appearances as specified by shop work orders, layouts, blueprints, photographs, or other appropriate work instructions as specified by the customer.
About SURESTAFF:Founded in 1998, Surestaff operates 39 branch offices and 24 workforce onsite solutions in Illinois, Texas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, and Georgia; with an estimated 2023 revenue of $295 million, it was recently named one of the largest staffing firms in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA).Surestaff specializes in light industrial staffing serving logistics, manufacturing, distribution, and production clients. It offers temp, temp-perm, direct hire, and onsite workforce solutions. The company has been named five times to Crain’s Business as one of the largest and fastest growing privately-held companies in Chicago. Surestaff is a portfolio partner company of Austin, TX-based private-equity group Owner Resource Group (ORG).
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing, assembling, and/or machine operating.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products to evaluate quality or performance.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude is essential.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors.
- Flexibility to work overtime and extra shifts as needed.