Job Number: TT2378991020
Pay Rate: 23.00
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring Heavy Machine Operators for a company in Elgin, IL. The company manufactures precision industrial and automotive equipment and supplies markets around the world. The Machine Operator is responsible for operating automated and semi-automated production equipment to create and manufacture finished products.
SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation ($21/HR) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire.
Heavy Machine Operator Shifts Hours: (1st)7am-3:10pm, (3rd)11:00pm-7:10am. Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Heavy Machine Operator Duties & Responsibilities:
Heavy Machine Operator Requirements:
- Follow all company rules and regulations related to environmental, health, and safety.
- Read and follow work instructions and inspection standards to correctly perform operational processes and meet customer product specifications.
- Start-up and shut-down machines according to procedures.
- Operate, monitor, and adjust machines in a grinding, assembly, or broach and turning line via switches, buttons, and displays.
- Supply components to hoppers, indexing poles or conveyors.
- Using hand tools, change worn machine accessories such as grinding wheels, finishing stones, and tool inserts.
- Visually inspect components and parts for defects, sort and disassemble defect parts.
- Measure components and parts with precision dial indicators or other instruments to ensure they meet customer requirements and machines are operating correctly.
- Troubleshoot causes of machine alarms and take appropriate action.
- Record quality inspection data on check sheets.
- Record production information on daily reports.
- Enter inventory transactions using the Bar Code Inventory system.
- Safely use powered material handling equipment such as forklifts, scissors tables, hoists, or pallet jacks to lift and transfer materials from one place to another.
- Observe line operation to detect causes of part defects or specific machine malfunctions and provide machine repair technicians with information.
- Perform machine preventative maintenance such as cleaning or adding oil to reservoirs.
- This list is not inclusive; other job-related tasks may be assigned.
About SURESTAFF:SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Basic mechanical knowledge of computerized machines, gauges, and hand tools.
- General knowledge of material handling, manufacturing processes, quality control systems.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.