Job Number: BW341725315
Pay Rate: $68640 / year
DIRECT HIRE- Maintenance Mechanic
SureStaff is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for our world-renowned manufacturing client located in Oak Brook, IL. As a Maintenance Mechanic you will perform changeovers, overhauls, performs corrective repair work, fabricates parts on Production equipment and provides specialist service and training in such areas as machine shop, electricity, pipe fitting and predictive maintenance on all production equipment. A Maintenance Mechanic (Level 3) must demonstrate proficiency in at least three of the following skills: welding, machine shop, industrial electricity, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) or pipe fitting; and perform changeovers and repair of at least eight lines prior to being considered for progression to the next Production Mechanic level. Certification of skills on such lines will be subject to periodic re-certification, as established by Departmental policy. What They Offer:This position pays an hourly rate of $30 plus a $3.00 shift differential, with the opportunity for Company profit sharing up to 5% Annually!Daily schedule: 2nd Shift Monday-Friday 3:15pm to 11:45pmFull Benefits Package: Available DAY 1, PPO Blue Cross, Dental, VisionLucrative: PTO, Personal and Sick Time, along with 10 Paid Holidays and Profit Sharing ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Examines, tests and measures product from assigned area for adherence to quality specifications. Checks for visual defects and takes corrective action, as necessary.
- Reviews established Production schedule at start of each shift for assigned area to determine production run, need for change-over and scheduled maintenance.
- Readjusts line and changes over assigned equipment for product, material, size, and pack pattern. Runs first piece of production and checks for conformance to quality standards.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks during course of shift and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Records production delays and maintains required down time records.
- Advises Group Leader, Production Mechanics and/or Manager, Production Maintenance of reoccurring equipment malfunctions.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment and all necessary parts, as required, or specified.
- Monitors equipment for unsafe conditions and either recommends or implements corrective actions for equipment malfunctions.
- Provides own hand tools, as specified by the Company, for repair of Production equipment.
- Analyzes, diagnoses and resolves mechanical and operational problems on equipment in assigned area and takes corrective action.
- Analyzes defective production as to cause and takes corrective action. Records and reports problems for further analysis by others.
- Maintains the mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic function of Production equipment in assigned area.
- Replaces parts (e.g., bearings, sprockets, chains, belts, limit switches, air cylinders, valves, etc.).
- Performs major overhaul and repair work for all Production equipment.
- Maintains inventory of spare parts for equipment in assigned area. Prepares purchase requisitions for spare parts and supplies and routes to Group Leader and/or Production Manager for authorization.
- Assists in training Production workers in the operation of the equipment and safety precautions required when working on or near equipment.
- Assists in training Production Mechanics (Level 1 and Level 2), as required.
- Provides input on the development of specifications for new machinery.
- Assists the Group Leader, Production Mechanics in the set-up, utilization, and evaluation of the Plant Maintenance Program.
- Utilizes data from the Preventive Maintenance Program and other Plant production records to identify root causes of production problems. Recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Maintains and utilizes maintenance and production databases to identify preventive maintenance improvements.
- Fabricates non-commercially available repair parts.
SURESTAFF is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). SURESTAFF recruits, hires, trains, pays, promotes, and affords other benefits and terms or conditions of employment to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. SURESTAFF provides temporary workers based solely upon their qualifications and their ability to perform essential functions of the position at issue.
- A high school graduate or equivalent is preferred; plus, demonstrated proficiency or trade related schooling in such fields as welding, machine shop, industrial electricity, introductory drafting, PLC, pipe fitting or diversified applied trade experience [preferably within a fast moving consumer goods manufacturing environment (e.g. food, pharmaceutical, soft drink, etc.)].
- 2+ years of prior experience maintaining and trouble-shooting automated equipment (e.g., unscramblers, fillers, cappers, case packers, labelers, bundlers, case packers, process equipment, etc.) in a Production environment.
- Ability to use hand tools (e.g., hammer, screw driver, wrench, etc.).
- Must be able to read and interpret machinery and electrical blue-prints/schematics and apply set-up and maintenance manual instructions.
- Ability to learn and apply accrued knowledge of standard Manufacturing Department’s procedures.
- Must be able to convert units of measure (e.g., ounces to pounds, grams to ounces, feet to meters, etc.)
- Ability to use power tools
- Must be able to read and interpret process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Ability to perform extensive troubleshooting of packaging equipment
- Ability to use precision measuring devices.
- Ability to stick weld stainless and mild steel in all positions.
- Ability to TIG and/or MIG weld stainless and carbon steel.
- Ability to cut, weld and braze with gas welding equipment.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.