Job Number: RS421926518
Pay Rate: $31-34 / hour
Career opportunities in Chicago, IL for maintenance technicians to work for a Michigan-based family of automotive companies delivering operational excellence, high-quality execution, and customer service. They offer 100% vertical integration capabilities such as end-to-end engineering, manufacturing, and in-house logistics. They manufacture propulsion-agnostic structural automotive components and assemblies around the globe. Direct hire opportunities on day and night shifts at a union facility (over 500,000 sq ft).
Day shift: 6am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Night shift: 6pm-4:30am Sunday-Thursday (will be required to train a few weeks on day shift)
Pay rate(s): $31 per hour w/out a journeyman’s card or $34 per hour with a journeyman’s card. (additional 75-cent shift diff for nights).
To help them drive excellence, you’ll get to:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical breakdowns of equipment using PC/PLC ladder logic as a troubleshooting tool in robotic production lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical control circuits in production lines including Presses.
- Maintain Spot and Mig welding equipment used in production lines.
- Perform preventive maintenance as required in production lines including Presses.
- Associate degree in a related technical field or High School diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of automated processes including mechanical, electrical (high voltage), pneumatic, hydraulic, and control systems and how they interact with each other.
- Ability to manipulate Fanuc and modify robots (360 robots).
- Experience with mechanical presses (up to 3000 tons) and transfers.
- The night shift will be required to train on the day shift for the first few weeks.
Why you’ll enjoy working here:
- Competitive Wages and Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company contribution match, and 14 paid holidays, including a bridge holiday in December.
- Work-Life Balance: Many of their Associates have stayed with them for 25+ years! It takes a good work-life balance to make it that far. They support your personal and professional priorities as they impact your well-being.
- Growth Opportunities: Take your career to the next level through tuition reimbursement programs, on-the-job training, learning management systems, and advancement opportunities from within their organization.
- Learning and Development: They empower all their Associates – from entry-level to senior-level – with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in their current roles and beyond.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.