Direct Hire Maintenance Technician- 2nd Shift, Delta, OH
Pay- 30-40/hr. based on experience and quality of interview in relation to job description and credentialsFull Benefits Career Growth, Professional Development and Internal Promotion Culture
We are seeking a dynamic candidate to join our Delta, OH location as a Maintenance Technician. Our organization is a family-owned company that is known as an excellent employer with over 40 years of expertise in the processing, manufacturing, and distribution of steel. We serve the automotive, mining, agriculture, transportation, plumbing and heating, HVAC, waste equipment, rail and other related industries across North America.
The ideal candidate would have experience in working in an ever-changing, fast-moving, and evolving
environment as a maintenance technician. Candidates who have worked within a manufacturing/distribution environment are highly preferred.
Why Join Our Team?
Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
Deferred Compensation (401k) Plan with a company match.
No-cost Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability overages. Paid Time Off.
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion.
This position will support the maintenance department needs as part of the overall department teamwork
initiative. This position will report to the Maintenance Team Leader (or designate)
• Foster a culture of safety awareness and safety prioritization.
• Provide support to the maintenance and operations team to achieve the goals and objectives for quality,
productivity while providing ideas for continuous improvement
• Supporting the maintenance team and operations in resolving problems
• Performing and instructing operations in equipment start-up procedures and machine operation
• Ensuring production equipment operates efficiently by monitoring and performing equipment
• Responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance inspections
• Responsible for ensuring effective reporting and handoff of information between shifts on issues affecting
the safe and efficient operations of the facility
• Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician such as repairing drywall, painting,
and repairing doors other building fixtures
• Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities
• Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Technical/Vocational Training a Plus
Experience & Certifications
• Experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience required
• Forklift/Overhead Crane Certified preferred.
• Strong organizational skills are required
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team orientated environment
• Must be able to follow instructions, safety rules and regulations
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole
body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Close mental and visual attention required, coordinating manual dexterity with mental and visual attention
for sustained periods of time.
• Pass initial drug test and physical.