Job Number: MC977410414
Pay Rate: $54080-72800 / year
SureStaff is partnering with a wonderful client for a Direct Hire 1st Shift Maintenance Technician Opening for a top client in the Des Plaines, IL location. Must have strong PLC Electrical Control Automation Maintenance Technician Experience.
Pay Range 30-36/hr. Hours- 6:30AM-3:00PM M-F. However, hours can be flexible if needed from time to time.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering.
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
Position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Must have electrical experience working within manufacturing or industrial industries.
- Works from blue prints, schematics and specifications. Troubleshoots, dismantles analyzes and determines defects, diagnoses trouble and performs repairs to very large production machines, such as plastic injection mold machines and automatic equipment. Replaces pumps, motors, relays, switch motors, etc. Installs and maintains machine safety devices and shields.
- Experience working with the following PLC’s, hydraulics, injection molding machine repairs and maintenance.
- Installs, repairs, maintains and rebuilds a wide variety of large complicated production machines, attachments and auxiliary equipment.
- Establish working relationships with contractors as required.
- Maintain records and documentation related to safety, testing, reporting and inspections.
- Facility maintenance responsibilities – working knowledge building systems: HVAC, Compressors, Cooling water systems and fire protection systems.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working productively with little supervision.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Top Region Benefits
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Five or more years’ experience in the manufacturing
- Injection Molding Experience a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. sometimes repetitively
- Experience with ISO9001 requirements.
- Strong communication skills with ability to positively communicate equipment and facility challenges and/or improvements (verbally and email).
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Top Industry Benefits
- 401K Match
- Top Industry M-F Scheduling with most weekends off
- Clean Environment and Great Team Culture
- Following year you get 15 paid days off, 3 sick days and 2 floating days. This year you would get 8 days paid, 2 sick days and 1 floating
Day in the Life
Responsible for understanding of HVAC SystemsPlant ChillersPlant TowerBoilers for heatOffice Air ConditioningMake-up Air units
PLC ResponsibilitiesHands on understanding and programming for logic controllersDebug, Troubleshoot and repairs
Molding Equipment and Auxiliaries ResponsibilitiesHydraulic, Electric and Hybrid Molding Machine troubleshoot and repairSprue Pickers and Servo Robotics-Program, troubleshoot, repairMold Controllers for Injection MoldsTemperature Control Units for injection moldsMaterial GrindersMaterial loadersGravimetric BlendersMachine Screw, barrel and screw tip assemblies. Understand material types, evaluate wear and replacements
Secondary Equipment-Troubleshoot and repair down equipmentFacility-Electrical, water, sewer, storm drains, windows, doors/locks, roof, lighting and Fire Protection SystemResponsible to order facility supplies, repair parts and equipment using JDEOutside ContractorsUnderstand the contractors used and initiate “service calls” for required repairs and services. Understand costs involved and provide data to Manager.Evaluate annual contracts and provide recommendations. Lawn, grounds, plowing/salting and planting.MSDS/SDS-Must be able to read and understand the supplies used and take appropriate actions to protect yourself and others from potential hazards. Also understand what actions to take in case of spill or contamination.Welding/CuttingMIG/TIG, brazing, stick, spot welding plasma
- Machine Shop Equipment-Mill, surface grinder, band saw, lathe, drill press and thread cutting. Also, use of hand air/battery saws, drills, impacts, ratchets, etc.
- Must have own tools.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.