Job Number: MC655499724
Pay Rate: $55000-75000 / year
SureStaff has partnered with an amazing company in Schaumburg for multiple First Shift (7:30 am - 4:00 pm) Full Time Benefit Direct Hire Mechanical Assemblers in their Production Machining Department looking to start asap. If you are looking for FIRST SHIFT Machine Production Environment that clean, passionate about learning, teamwork, integrity, and creating a winning team and helping you grow and succeed with great mentors, employees and leaders then you need to apply.
Title: Machine Mechanical AssemblerPay Range: $25-35/hr. Based on Experience/Quality of Interview in relation to job description First Shift (7:30 am - 4:00 pm) Full Time Benefit Direct Hire
aPrincipal Accountabilities1. Build complex automated standalone machines as well as large automated systems with multiple stations both electrically and mechanically 2. Assembles components and all aspects of a machine or multi-station system according to assembly drawings, manuals, sketches, and verbal instruction 3. Test, troubleshoot, and debug (i.e., diagnoses trouble or defects, determines corrective action, and takes action to make needed corrections) communicates and collaborates with engineers for correct machine operation 4. Consult with engineering when changes are needed and follow proper processes 5. Redline/record changes to detail/assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics 6. Layout hole locations on their own to drill and tap holes on parts for the assembly process. 7. Aligns mechanical components for manual assembly with or without a hoist (max 56 lbs.) 8. Operates the machine to verify functionality, machine capability and conformance to the customer’s specifications. 9. Perform modifications to parts utilizing Hand Tools and other fabrication equipment. 10. Provide feedback/alert engineering, in a collaborative manner, to alert and communicate changes and modifications occurring during the assembly process. 11. Read, interpret, and understand blueprints and drawings including identifying parts 12. Utilize drawings plan assembly and build sequences 13. Support machine assembly team. 14. Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations. 15. Rework critical machine components as required. 16. Uses measuring equipment such as calipers and Micrometers. 17. Sets up machines and determines if parts match specs, identifies and locates missing parts. 18. Recognizes the proper alignment and tolerance of all parts. 19. Use knowledge of pneumatic functions, devices, and fittings, to achieve desired results. 20. Record changes to machine parts and assemblies on engineering drawings. 21. Provide information for machine technical documentation. 22. Willingness to travel to customer sites up to 30%. 23. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years in automation or related experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to understand and read blueprints and plan/build from them
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Ability and willingness to obtain Passport.
- Ability to work from work orders, blueprints, electrical diagrams and equipment manuals and instructions
- Experience in building new electro-mechanical machinery, preferably packaging machinery.
- Understanding of the metric measurement system.
- Ability to assemble mechanical assemblies and machines
- Utilize a variety of power and hand tools for assembly
- Some electrical work required such as machine wiring and testing machines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills • Team-oriented and collaborative
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Aptitude and willingness to be a self-starter
- Willingness to work as required to meet schedules
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Visual Acuity – Normal requirements for reading written instructions and computer screens
- Hearing Ability – Normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions.
- Working Conditions – The employee is subject to a normal office environment with occasional exposure to high noise levels and/or physical hazards when visiting manufacturing floor.
- Capable of wearing appropriate related PPE for extended periods of time