Job Number: AR842108112
Pay Rate: $80000-105000 / year
Sure-Staff has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer located at one of our sites in Beaverton, MI; Fremont, OH; or Knoxville, TN. Our mechanical engineers are responsible for mechanical design and modifications to standard equipment and new equipment design. We provide cross training on all of our product lines at our sites to create the skills and flexibility required to service our customers. The ideal candidate has prior knowledge with sizing motors, torque calculations, FEA, stress calculations, life cycle calculations, and experience with troubleshooting machine breakdowns.
The Mechanical Engineer role requires a team working style and the ability to operate with many other functional roles including management, plant operators, supervisors, and other engineers; the engineer must be self-motivated; able to work with minimum supervision; and possesses a skill set that will enable and drive continuous improvement. Direct Hire with a salary range of $90k-$115k.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make necessary concept and layout drawings to ensure design meets accepted engineering standards and project requirements.
- Make appropriate calculations, research performance standards and investigate material and component selection and types of construction to ensure design specifications are met.
- Design various sections of equipment to meet required specifications.
- Prepare bills of material and other paperwork per internal standards.
- Attend and participate in design reviews for evaluation of work order requirements to design, and cost implications.
- Change drawings in accordance with ECO procedure.
- Check drawings and bills of materials as relates to assigned projects.
- Represent design team in customer and final design reviews as required.
- Ensure design considerations, concepts and calculations are documented and filed
- Direct various design activities on assigned projects.
- Review with design team to ensure quality and internal design practices are being met.
- Travel as required for the role.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Work knowledge of trigonometry and geometry.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software and analysis tools.
- Ability to effectively plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve.
- Able to mentor and coach team members.