Job Number: AJ61858119
Pay Rate: $19 / hour
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring Mill Operators for a Ink Manufacturing Company in West Chicago,IL. The Mill Operator is responsible for operating automated and semi-automated production equipment to create Ink. SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp to hire employees are offered competitive compensation $21.50 as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire. Available shifts include 3rd shift, 10pm-6:30am. Train 90 days on 1st shift 6am-2:30pm. Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis. Responsibilities of the Mill Operator:
Required Qualifications of the Mill Operator:
- Tends mills in a safe and efficient manner to grind raw materials with high quality printing ink by performing any or all duties as directed.
- Process batches of ink at proper mill settings.
- Follow all Quality requirements and testing procedures.
- Follow all required packaging requirements with proper labeling.
- Must not leave mill unattended without notifying supervisor.
- Position will entail standing for long periods of the day and lifting up to 50 pounds during shift.
- Maintains cleanliness for mill, work area and required PM's.
About SURESTAFF:Founded in 1998, Surestaff operates 39 branch offices and 24 workforce onsite solutions in Illinois, Texas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, and Georgia; with an estimated 2023 revenue of $295 million, it was recently named one of the largest staffing firms in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA).Surestaff specializes in light industrial staffing serving logistics, manufacturing, distribution, and production clients. It offers temp, temp-perm, direct hire, and onsite workforce solutions. The company has been named five times to Crain’s Business as one of the largest and fastest growing privately-held companies in Chicago. Surestaff is a portfolio partner company of Austin, TX-based private-equity group Owner Resource Group (ORG).
- Excellent math, verbal, reading, and comprehension skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Flexibility to work overtime and extra shifts as needed.
- Experience reading and interpreting production specifications a plus.