Job Number: MC275273815
Pay Rate: $60000-70000 / year
Direct Hire 1st Shift Mold Repair Technician for an innovative well established client located in the Des Plaines, IL area.
Job Title: Mold Repair Technician (Injection Molding) Department: Tooling Reports To: Tool Room Manager Rate: 25-30/hr. Based on the Quality of the interview in relation to the job description- Direct Hire Industry Leading Benefit PackageSchedule: 6-2:30 M-F (very few weekends)
Position Summary:Maintain and Repair Plastics Tooling. Molds ranging in size from 17 ton-400 ton. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Troubleshoot tooling issues and work with Plastics Personnel to resolve tooling issues.
- Ability to read/understand tool drawings from blueprints or “electronically”.
- Proficient use of typical shop measuring tools, and use of toolroom equipment such as surface grinders, milling machines, lathes, drill presses, band saws, various small hand tools, chain hoists, and hydraulic hand trucks.
- Knowledge of injection molding and materials and their characteristics pertaining to processing, mold set-up procedures and auxiliary processing equipment.
- Function independently with minimal supervision
- Understand and follow the current Mold PM Program-Procedures. Make recommendations to prevent future tool failures.
- Must be able to operate lift trucks and fork trucks.
- Maintain good housekeeping and adhere to all Safety Rules.
- Follow ITWAppliance Components ISO Procedures
- Interact with supporting departments (Engineering, Department Peers, Machine Maintenance, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Five or more years experience in the Injection Molding Industry with repairing Injection Molding Tooling.
- Strong math skills required.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs sometimes repetitively.
- Experience with ISO9001 requirements.
Protective Equipment Required:Safety glasses and other protective devices as needed. Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, use foot/feet to operate machine, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach above shoulders and move from place to place. The incumbent will regularly stand, sit and talk and listen and will frequently use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- During the performance of his/her work duties, the incumbent will be required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and will frequently lift up to 25 pounds such as moving parts from material storage and moving parts in and out of work area.
- The employee works in a manufacturing environment and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. He/she is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation.
SURESTAFF is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). SURESTAFF recruits, hires, trains, pays, promotes, and affords other benefits and terms or conditions of employment to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. SURESTAFF provides temporary workers based solely upon their qualifications and their ability to perform essential functions of the position at issue. This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, or confidential. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of this message.