Job Number: MC372612626
Pay Rate: $60000-65000 / year
We are looking for a Direct Hire Manufacturing Supervisor, 1st Shift in our DeKalb, IL location.
This position is responsible for all production activities of the manufacturing facility and will by the shift supervisor for the complete storage system provider for engineering and manufacturing professionals in thousands of different industries and applications throughout the world at the Dekalb Location.
Established in 1893, this company specializes in Storage Tanks and Covers. Over 375,000 Tanks and 20,000 Covers installed in 125 Countries.
This position’s salary range will be based on the quality of the interview and experience as it relates to the job description.
Salary Range will be 60-65K yearly with benefits
Day in the Life Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to lead and ensure that all company production safety standards are met and manage daily, weekly, and monthly production schedules.
- Processes any and all transactions in company systems in an accurate and timely manner
- Promotes a safe work environment
- Opening and closing facility when required.
- Providing direct supervision for production members.
- Enforcing fair and equal disciplinary practices to all production members.
- Ensuring all work performed is in compliance with production schedules
- Establishing a comprehensive training program.
- Ensuring standard operating procedures are established and followed.
- Resolving production issues on the floor.
- Inspecting work performed to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Ensuring work performed is in compliance with written safety and ISO 9001 procedures.
- Creating an atmosphere that promotes constant process improvement.
- Providing accurate time, attendance, vacation, material usage and quantity completed documentation.
- Ensuring all preventive and emergency repairs to machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining a clean shop floor.
- Other duties on assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Able to work comfortably with other departments.
- Lean manufacturing background preferred
- Will be expected to be able to make decisive and independent decisions.
- Experience supervising in a union environment or bilingual skills would be a plus.
SURESTAFF is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). SURESTAFF recruits, hires, trains, pays, promotes, and affords other benefits and terms or conditions of employment to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. SURESTAFF provides temporary workers based solely upon their qualifications and their ability to perform essential functions of the position at issue. This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, or confidential. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of this message.