Job Number: CD15156321
Pay Rate: 16.50
Surestaff is now hiring for Quality Control Tech in Lithia Springs, GA. The Quality Control Tech is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of all product labeled, portioned, meal bagged, and shipped by working alongside production to conduct on-the-line checks of product against recipe specifications and quality standards.
Must work weekends, 2 days off through the week!Shifts:
- 1st shift: 7am-3:30pm ($16)
- 2nd shift: 4pm-12:30am ($16.50)
- 3rd shift: 9:30pm-6am ($17)
Responsibilities of Quality Control Tech:
- Performs visual inspection during labeling process (including bottles, jars, bags) for proper placement of label, correct name of product and/or ingredient per Q.A. sheets.
- Issues correct Q.A. samples to production team leads/production associates prior to production, utilizing QA sheets to ensure correct portion amount for the specific ingredient being portioned.
- Issues the proper measuring equipment (i.e. scales, measuring spoons, measuring cups, spatulas, pumps).
- Meal Bagging:
- Utilizes production sheets to verify proper meal bag line setup.
- Verifies that all ingredients required for the meal are present and within shelf life.
- Confirms ingredient amounts with production team leads and associates (particularly for ingredients that require multiples). Sign-offs on production sheets.
- Shipping Line:
- Verifies set up of line (meat, meal bags, recipe cards, box call outs) using boxing call out sheet prior to start of shipping.
- Communicates back to production team when errors are identified on the line Visually inspects meat for quality (e.g. freezer burn, discoloration, broken seals) when serving in the role of protein QA.
- Verifies the setup of the line prior to each run, ensuring correct product is present, and initials similar sign off sheet with start time. Ensure correct pick quantity (e.g. 4 serving run) has been communicated to the production associates working on the line.
- Confirms correct proteins, meal bags, box call outs, recipe cards, and ice quantity have been placed in each box utilizing the pick ticket.
- Follow the facility GMP's and help enforce them throughout the facility.
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs.
- Previous experience working in food quality is preferred.
- General high school degree, or equivalent, (e.g. GED). High school diploma is preferred.
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.