Job Number: JS638722429
Pay Rate: 18.00
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring for a detail-oriented Quality Assurance for a large, well known company in North Chicago, IL. A successful Quality Control Auditor should have excellent troubleshooting skills, have experience inspecting product in a fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment, and be able to ensure that product consistently meets quality standards and guidelines.
SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-perm employees are offered competitive compensation ($16-$19/HR) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision).
Quality Assurance Shift Hours: 1:30PM - 11:00PM, M-F
Responsibilities & Duties of the Quality Assurance:
- Conducts routine quality tests on incoming raw materials, goods in process and finished products as assigned or directed, and communicates the need for corrective action to the QA Manager.
- Assists in calibrating refractometers, thermometers, and other types of metering and measuring devise and scales. Monitors the environment and processing conditions.
- Assists in training new lab personnel and in determining solutions for quality problems.
- Prepares written and/or oral reports pertaining to quality concerns of a technical nature as assigned or directed. Completes and files daily Audit Forms and other Quality Assurance paperwork. Computer processing work as required. Neat and accurate penmanship is required.
- Maintains cleanliness and order in the lab and other work areas. Is conscious of Good Manufacturing Practices in the plant and reports non-conformities to the QA Manager.
- Monitors the Pest Control Program in the Lab and/or the plant.
- Assists in maintaining the retention of daily production samples by code date for one year.
- Checks the quality of WIP/finished candy and approves it for panning, packaging using our ERP computer system.
Required Qualifications of the Quality Assurance:
- 1+ years’ experience in quality control, quality assurance, inspections, or a similar role.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with quality systems and controls.
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 21 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.