Job Number: MV308918213
Pay Rate: 17.75
SURESTAFF is looking for Quality Assurance Lead for the food company Hello Fresh in Joliet, IL. As Quality Assurance Lead for SURESTAFF, you will work in a fast-paced environment and be involved in food quality assurance and packaging. This company offers opportunities for growth and pay increases.
The Quality Assurance Lead is to ensure the facility complies with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and to monitor food safety guidelines used in the facility. The Lead is also responsible for implementing current and new processes and procedures, communicating with employees, management, and outside suppliers, and reviewing audit reports and food certifications.
- $200 sign-on bonus and $400 referral bonus!
- 30% off slip-resistant shoes
- $3 meals available onsite
- Job growth opportunities available!
SURESTAFF is invested in its team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation starting at $21.50/hr-$22.50/hr as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire.
Quality Assurance Lead Shift Hours: 1st shift: 6am-2:30pm2nd shift: 12:00pm-8:30pm
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance :
- Complete audits at a designated cadence during various steps of the production process.
- Responsible for compliance and adherence of all employees to facility’s GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), monitor effectiveness and make recommendations
- Support team tasks as directed including communicating report results and organizing QA documents, files, etc.
- Understand and identify food safety risks in categories: Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Spices, Functional Ingredients, Flavors (powders, pastes, liquids), and other ingredients.
- Assist management in the regulatory compliance and food safety programs for the plant operations, to include GMPs, Food Safety Plans (FSMA compliance HARPC) and HACCP Plans.
- Assist with Regulatory Guidance for labeling compliance.
- Allergen management within multiple production/operation phases.
- Communicate critical information accurately and timely in support of department goals.
- Provide support for Factor_ training and compliance initiatives.
- Assist with research as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure food safety standards are met at all times.
Required Qualifications of the Quality Assurance :
- High attention to detail
- Previous food, grocery, or restaurant experience preferred, but not required
- Basic computer skills
- Must maintain a comprehensive knowledge for safe working practices.
- Must maintain a comprehensive knowledge for good manufacturing practices.
- Must work well with others as a production team.
- Must work accurately with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable in food safety preferred.
- Cold environment of 35° F. Recommended to dress in layers.
- Slip-resistant shoes are required.
About SURESTAFF: SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept. of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.