Job Number: BV4274811011
Pay Rate: $20 / hour
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring a detail-oriented Quality Inspector for a company in Seward, IL. A successful Quality Inspector should have excellent troubleshooting skills, have experience inspecting product in a fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment, and be able to ensure that product consistently meets quality standards and guidelines. SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp to hire employees are offered competitive compensation $20/hr. as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire. Available shifts include:
Mon-Fri (6:30am-5pm) Fridays as needed.
Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis. Responsibilities of the Quality Control Technician:
Required Qualifications of the Quality Control Technician:
- First piece inspection approval, if appropriate, in assigned department.
- Final inspection of all products produced in assigned department.
- Verify gauges issued to operator for production inspection are correct and within calibration cycle.
- Aid operators when requested in part inspection or in the use of various types of inspection equipment used during manufacturing or inspection of machined parts.
- Use various inspection methods, techniques, equipment, and instruments, per the control plan, to verify print tolerances are adhered.
- Verify all part routings and QA documents used in production.
- Input inspection data into database.
- Enter data into M2M software.
- Inspect product in alternate areas, as assigned.
- Perform dimensional test on PPAP samples, when requested.
- Train new operators and quality department employees.
- Check out gauging to operators, when needed.
- Collect and record data from inspections to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Identify and document any non-conforming products or materials.
- 1+ years’ experience in quality control, quality assurance, inspections, or a similar role.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with quality systems and controls.
- Able to read and comprehend shop floor blueprint drawings.
- Proficient in both the Imperial and Metric systems of measurement.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of the following inspection equipment: optical comparator, profilometer, roundness tester, universal gauge, hand gauges such as, but not limited to micrometers, calipers, pitch micrometers, internal ID gauges, radius gauges, indicators, height gauge, etc.
- Proper care and use of attribute gauges. For example, thread rings, thread plugs, plug gauge, pipe thread rings and plugs, etc.
- Basic knowledge of SPC use and application.
- Basic operation of Micro-Vu inspection system.
- Basic Understanding of computers and their use, including Microsoft Office Software.
- Knowledge and use of geometric tolerances.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9000.
- Strong visual observation and critical thinking skills.
Founded in 1998, Surestaff operates 39 branch offices and 24 workforce onsite solutions in Illinois, Texas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, and Georgia; with an estimated 2023 revenue of $295 million, it was recently named one of the largest staffing firms in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA).Surestaff specializes in light industrial staffing serving logistics, manufacturing, distribution, and production clients. It offers temp, temp-perm, direct hire, and onsite workforce solutions. The company has been named five times to Crain’s Business as one of the largest and fastest growing privately held companies in Chicago. Surestaff is a portfolio partner company of Austin, TX-based private-equity group Owner Resource Group (ORG).