Industry: General Office
Job Number: RS181721822
Pay Rate: 85000
Direct hire opportunity for a Safety and Training Administrator at our manufacturing client in Grayslake, IL. They are a leading manufacturer of highly engineered mechanical and electromechanical locking devices and systems for world-class OEM's along with highly engineered mechanical and electrical accessories for the marine industry. As a Safety and Training Administrator, you will work in a fast-paced distribution environment and work the hours of 8am-5pm with an annual compensation of $65-85K. What you will do
- Conduct safety training for employees on various safety topics required by OSHA.
- Establish, oversee, and administer health and safety standards.
- Leads the Safety Committee Program. Encourage employee engagement in the identification of safety opportunities.
- Conducts the investigation of incidents, injuries, and near misses and maintains proper documentation to determine the root cause and be able to communicate findings.
- Participates / leads in continuous improvement opportunities either in work practices or work conditions.
- Conducts audits to detect existing or potential environmental, fire, safety, and health hazards. Determines corrective or preventative measures from audits and follow-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Identify training needs and develop training programs.
- Administer training programs that will enhance manufacturing, quality, and safety.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalent.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of federal and local Environmental, Safety, and Health (EHS) regulations, including OSHA within a manufacturing environment.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years experience in health, and safety, related discipline, and technical/practical knowledge of EHS regulations, codes, and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
- Demonstrated ability to determine training needs, and organize and/or conduct training.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, including the ability to interact with outside regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentation required.
- Must be able to observe and record field events as they happen with care and accuracy.
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, manage confidential information, and be able to work independently, while being highly motivated.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in safety or manufacturing-related area
- Instructor certification in First Aid, CPR
- OSHA 500 or 501 certified
About SURESTAFF:SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
- Profit sharing
- 401K match up to 6%
- ZERO cost health benefits
- Dental and vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.