Industry: Food Service
Job Number: MV5842121116
Pay Rate: 16.00
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring a Sanitation Worker for a large, well-known client in Chicago, IL. As a Janitor for SURESTAFF you will be an essential part of our client’s core operations. The Sanitation Worker cleans and sterilizes machinery, utensils, and equipment used to process or store products such as foods by performing the following duties. Must be able to perform all essential duties of a sanitarian.
SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation ($16/HR) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision).
Available shifts include:
3rd shift 10:30 PM.-7:00 AM
Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Sanitation Worker Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean the facility and all equipment, including wall to wall, ceiling to floor according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) and Hazards Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations while adhering to OSHA safety standards.
- Use hot water and chemicals of proper strength to sanitize facility and equipment.
- Breakdown equipment to sanitize and reassemble equipment with care.
- Pre-operation: work closely with Quality Assurance and Management to ensure equipment passes inspection according to USDA and SQF regulations.
- Clean non-production areas.
- Work in teams to accomplish work.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Perform all duties as required by supervisor.
- Follow CMA policies and procedures.
Sanitation Worker Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to work third shift (10:30pm-7:00am).
- Ability to work required overtime (including Saturdays).
- To wear all personal protective equipment.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Follow all safety regulations and support others in working safely.
- Previous sanitation experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 70 pounds depending on specific function being performed.
- Ability to crouch and bend repeatedly.
- Ability to work with cold materials in a cold, humid environment.
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept. of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.