Job Number: MV11722523
Pay Rate: $17 / hour
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring for a Shipping Receiving Lead for a large distribution center located in Itasca, IL. The Shipping Receiving Lead will be responsible for the coordination and performance in the receiving area(s)of the production floor of international mail consolidation activities, through fixed schedules and workload requirements. The successful applicant's Work is typically performed under minimal supervision with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long-term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate into overall work objectives. SURESTAFF is invested in their team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation ($17/hr.) as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Available shifts include:1st shift Monday -Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm Responsibilities of the Shipping Receiving Lead:
Preferred Qualifications of the Shipping Receiving Lead:
- Accountable to ensure all receiving processes are followed through to the completion of work tasks. Provide first level instruction(s) and guidance to staff, regularly audit work to confirm accuracy and defined SOPs are met.
- Training of receiving area staff to support production and quality standards and maintain targets within the business unit objectives while maximizing facility productivity to optimize labor costs.
- Audit and coordinate all Media Team/Fulfillment related tasks and address any challenges.
- Process files, routing, special shipments, etc. with plant staff support when needed.
- Responsible for creating airway-bills for inbound publications received daily.
- Notify plants for any files that are not received and required for processing.
- Assist with any sample images and weights required for approval.
- Reconcile any shortages with operations and confirm with the plant staff if any shortages are reported.
- Meet all business unit goals and individual goals/metrics.
- Daily, proactive interaction with related teams; Sales, Customer Service, Data, Media to maintain overall customer satisfaction will be required. Maintain and update daily production records and produce reports as necessary.
- Working with peers to make improvement strategies.
- Maintain 5S standards/organization throughout the receiving dock.
- Must always demonstrate professional behavior.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Self- starter
- Media processing knowledge is a plus.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables, and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Demonstration of decision making
- Communication and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and assume a team lead role.
- Position requires weekend (Sat or Sun) workdays as part of reoccurring schedules.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Computer skills are helpful.
- Be able to stand/walk for long periods of time, frequently push, pull, bend and reach, and lift up to 49 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
SURESTAFF is the leading provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland area with 23 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health guidelines for everyone’s safety and health.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.