Opportunity for a 2nd shift Leader at a U.S.A. manufacturer of dewatering centrifuges and sludge thickeners, as well as complete dewatering systems for Municipal and Industrial Wastewater. The company’s focus is centrifuge equipment, including the award-winning sludge thickener THK series. They provide global service, repair, and parts for all brands of centrifuges. This is a hands-on position that will build out and develop a new 2nd shift.
Hourly Compensation: $30-40 per hour (depending upon experience)
Hours: Monday thru Friday 2pm to 10:30pm (Training will be on first shift 6am to 2:30pm)Benefits: Health paid for employee, dental, vision, 401K match, tuition reimbursement, paid time off
What you will do...
• Set up, operate, and maintain manual and CNC lathes and mills to produce parts according to specifications
• Monitor and inspect finished products to ensure they meet quality standards and specifications
• Perform routine maintenance on machines and tools, ensuring they are in optimal working condition
• Inspect each part, using inspection instruments such as inside, outside, and depth micrometers, master verniers, and other job-specific inspection instruments to maintain specified print requirements
• Handle and prepare materials and cutting tools for machining
• Maintain accurate records of machine setups, production data, and quality control checks
• Lead, mentor, and coach a team of machinists to ensure they meet productivity and quality standards
• Plan and schedule machine shop activities to meet production goals while optimizing resource allocation
• Implement and maintain quality control processes to ensure products meet specifications and customer requirements
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment, ensuring minimal downtime
• Ensure all safety protocols and regulations are adhered to, creating a safe working environment for all team members
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance productivity, reduce waste, and increase efficiency
• Monitor and manage inventory levels to ensure materials are available for production
• Generate regular reports on production metrics, team performance, and machine shop KPIs for management review
What requirements are needed...
• Operation experience or schooling in manual and CNC machinery, setups, programming, G coding, and blueprint reading
• Willingness to work in a team setting and to continue learning and improving
• Welding experience a plus along with leadership experience
• Pre-employment background check & drug screening required