Job Number: MV1436991010
Pay Rate: $17-17.5 / hour
SURESTAFF is immediately hiring a Team Lead for a large distribution center located in Bolingbrook, IL. The Team Lead will be responsible for delivering high-quality service to our client and temporary employees at the client site. The Team Lead will consistently communicate with the client and temporary employees in order to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment, employee morale, productivity, and retention. Other responsibilities include check-ins, onboarding/orientation, and site-specific training. SURESTAFF is invested in its team members! All temp-to-hire employees are offered competitive compensation as well as a benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision). Available shifts include: 2nd shift: 7pm-7am $17.50/HRAlternating Sundays, required during high volume periods.Overtime is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Responsibilities of the Team Lead:
Preferred Qualifications of the Team Lead:
- Meets & greets new employees on his/her first day to ensure a positive first impression of SURESTAFF and client.
- Performs daily employee check-ins requiring Team Lead to arrive early enough to prepare for employee arrivals.
- Ensures employee floor placement as required by client.
- Orientates employees as required to include facility tour, required PPE, timekeeping procedures, badging, policies and safety requirements.
- Maintains visibility on the floor to promote a positive culture and address any employee and/or client concerns.
- Monitors employees for proper safety compliance
- Works in production role as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ year(s) of supervisory experience
- Flexibility to support client requirements as they may run multiple shifts.
- A customer and client focus with the ability to establish long lasting business relationships.
- Ability to handle issues that are deemed sensitive and confidential.
- Ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment.
- Self-driven, vibrant and passionate
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required in specific markets.
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Founded in 1998, Surestaff operates 39 branch offices and 24 workforce onsite solutions in Illinois, Texas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, and Georgia; with an estimated 2023 revenue of $295 million, it was recently named one of the largest staffing firms in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Surestaff specializes in light industrial staffing serving logistics, manufacturing, distribution, and production clients. It offers temp, temp-perm, direct hire, and onsite workforce solutions. The company has been named five times to Crain’s Business as one of the largest and fastest growing privately-held companies in Chicago. Surestaff is a portfolio partner company of Austin, TX-based private-equity group Owner Resource Group (ORG).